Just.

I chose the name 'Just.' as it is short and snappy, whilst also appealing to the 16-25 ABC demographic. It is also a synonym for fair, emphasising the fair-trade element.
My slogan 'Be Fair.' was chosen for the same reason.

For my photoshoot I am going to use a factory setting as the location as it shows the working conditions of those involved in fair-trade. I will be using both a female and male model of 16-17 years age to appeal to the audience.

For my adverts I hope to follow original conventions of billboard posters, having the logo and slogan across the image. My advert will link to the brief by using the location of a factory to incorporate fair-trade values. The factory resembles the working conditions of the fair-trade workers, as I will edit the factory to be dark and dirty. By doing this, it is the focal point of the advert clearly meeting the brief. The name of my brand is 'Just.', a synonym for fair emphasising the fair-trade focal point. Furthermore, it is short and snappy, appealing to the 16-25 target audience, the full stop also portrays the idea that the unjust trade cannot continue. Part of my logo is 'Fairtrade Fashion' which once again emphasises the fair-trade content, a unique selling point as not many brands use fair-trade. My slogan 'Be Fair.' also portrays the idea that it cannot continue, whilst once again being short and snappy. It also makes the audience feel like they must buy from 'Just.' as its the fair and correct thing to do.

My target audience is both male and female 16-25 year olds as the clothing has a young feel to it. I will do this by having 2 models, one female, one male aged 16-17. Even though it may appeal more to women due to their emotive nature, it will still appeal to men due to the actual clothing used. As the clothing is fair-trade, it will have to be slightly more expensive to ensure a profit for both the company and the workers, and so it will be aimed at ABC demographics, with different ranges to cover all demographics.

My advert will show the dirty factory for the workers and so showing fair-trade as a positive thing. The audience can relate to this as factories aren't uncommon and many people work or have been in one, however, the state of the factory will portray the message. Furthermore, the use of young models will help the audience to relate, as it could be them working in the factory.

My company (Just.) is working with 'Fairtrade Fashion' to ensure the factories where where the cotton is processed and where the clothes are made are in good condition and that the farmers and factory workers are correctly paid. Profit will be made by selling the products at a slightly higher price as they will cost more to produce due to fair-trade regulations and standards. However, it will be of extremely high quality because of it. My billboards will appear in all youth areas such as bus stops, buses, train stations and schools. As well as on social media to appeal to the 16-25 age group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using stereotypes to create meaning for audiences

Statement of Intent draft

Pre-lim H&M advert & evaluation