Statement of Intent draft

Statement of Intent:

Website:
I will follow to the typical conventions of a DJ’s website:
  • main visual image covering the homepage of which I will use festival type images and images promoting new music to promote the artist as having a good time.
  • links to the social media 
  • a shop 
  • tour dates
Furthermore, I will use the artist’s logo throughout all the pages to ensure constant promotion of the artist.

Industry:
This will appeal to the Universal Music Group as it follows the conventions of its other artist’s websites.

Audience:
I will ensure that my artist appeals to the 16-25 age group in the AB demographic as the bright colours and festival themes used in the website will attract the audience and keep them interested as that age group are interested in festivals and concerts etc. 

Representation:
Through my website, my artist will be represented as fun-loving yet not star like, promoting them to be someone you could walk past in the street. Furthermore I will not show their face keeping them mysterious. This will increase the audiences curiosity for them and so their interest in them as they will want to figure out who they are and so will watch the videos.

Music Video:
I will promote my artist to be constantly having a good time using the ‘Mi Gente’ by J Balvin and ’17’ by MK music videos as examples. I will have multiple dancers most within the 16-25 age group so it appeals to the audience as we all an older artist that can’t dance. I will use lots of bright colours and colourful costumes. I will use colourful locations focusing on streets, sports ground and abandoned places. To further ensure it appeals to the audience I will use some simple choreography that the audience will want to copy and learn to ensure they watch the video multiple times therefore promoting the artist. 

Industry:
I will ensure that this will appeal to the Universal Music Group as it will be alike their other artists videos. 

Audience:
I will ensure that my artist will appeal to 16-25 year olds in the AB demographic as I will use dancers in that age group. Additionally, the party vibe will not only ensure that the age group listen to the music but will want to watch the video and play it at their own party’s. 

Representation:

The video will represent the artist as fun-loving and like someone you could walk past in the street. Additionally, as I will not show the artists face in any pictures on their website, the artist themselves will keep the mysterious vibe as I will rarely show them in the video. 

Comments

  1. You need to update your Statement of Intent with some more specifics about your track and artist name etc. You also need to post a link to your website by tomorrow (6th July).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Using stereotypes to create meaning for audiences

Differences between Tabloid and Broadsheet

Pre-lim H&M advert & evaluation